“Rotary is ordinary people doing extraordinary things.”
Getting involved with Rotary could be the most important thing you ever do. Your skills and experience are invaluable in our drive to help communities at home and around the world, and whether you become a member or volunteer your time and abilities to your local club, you will be helping to make people’s lives better. Rotary is the world’s premier service organization. We emphasize friendship, integrity and service to others. There are over 1.2 million members in 34,000 clubs worldwide… all dedicated to “Service Above Self.” When you join Rotary, you have access to any Rotary club in the world. Find out about Rotary by being a guest at one of our meetings.
If you want to help change the world, you can! There are countless stories of people who have changed lives through Rotary. Whether it’s working in your community or around the world, Rotary gives you both the opportunity and the means to fulfill your vision of how to help.
- Rotarians have provided prosthesis limbs to those who have lost their legs
- Cataract surgeries to those who have lost their sight
- Hearing aids to those who have lost their hearing
- Shelters to those who have lost their homes
- Clean water to those who are thirsty
- Sympathy to the families who have lost family members for our country
- The lame walk, the blind see, the deaf hear, homes, health, and peace of mind
- World peace is possible
- Children smile because of you
- Be inspired
There are many ways to get involved with Rotary:
- You could join your local club and open up a world of opportunities.
- You could donate to a club or Rotary initiative
- You could volunteer to speak at a club about a cause or interest
- If you are a school pupil, you could take part in a competition
- If you represent a charity, you could get your club to support you
- You could volunteer to help the club in one of its initiatives, without becoming a member
To find out how you can get invovled with your local community, register your interest here and we’ll get in touch with details of your local clubs and open events closest to you.